Translate

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Ashamed to admit, I neglected my poor dishwasher

Since taking part in the poject of testing Fairy Platinum dishwashing tablets, it has made me think about how popular Fairy actually is, and how we trust the brand that has been around since 1898. For as long as I can remember Fairy has always been a huge part of the cleaning process in my mum's home, and then when I thought about it my grandmothers were just as keen on the same brand.  When I moved out of my mum's house and started to stand on my own two feet, I was on a very tight budget and therefore Fairy products had to be replaced with cheaper, and sometimes own brand items.  These items did the job, but nothing was better than going home to mum's on the weekend for Sunday lunch and the dishwashing chore was always much more pleasant than at home.  First, my hands were always dried out with the cheaper brands, but when I used the Fairy my hands were always smooth and soft.  I also liked how I didn't have to use so much of the liquid and could do a whole pile of dishes without having to keep adding liquid.  I will admit that it went completely over my head that Fairy actually had dishwashing tablets.  I guess I was a little naive and just kept with the product that I had been using.  That was until I received the tablets with this project.  The effect they have on my dishes and my dishwasher is absolutely amazing.  It's just like when the liquid loving caressed my hands and made them soft and smooth, the tablets are taking care of my dishwasher and loving caressing it.

Now I hate doing dishes by hand, the whole reason I got a dishwasher, as much as I love my hands being smooth and soft, I just can't bear the whole dishwashing routine it drives me nuts.  But after reading the SuperSavvyMe Fairy project handbook it made me realise how much I do take my dishwasher for granted.  Yes, I helped it along by rinsing my dishes first.  But what about all those stuck on stains, all the grease that I didn't get off the plates, pans and roasting dishes.  My thoughts, "don't worry Em, the dishwasher will get it off for you".  I never realised that the dishwasher needs some care too, how can I expect it to do all this cleaning, if the poor machine is not getting any attention at all?  Going back to the liquid use, would I use dirty water to wash all the dishes in that lovely Fairy liquid? Nope, so why would I neglect my poor machine?  I was giving it tablets to clean the dishes, but nothing to clean itself, and infact when it comes to cleaning the dishes the tablets I used were missing the spot and I had to rewash the dishes by hand anyways, so that was a total downer.
  
"Fairy has developed Platinum dishwasher tablets, which work to provide tough grease cleaning for both your dishes and machine with just one tablet* - the proof is in a cleaner filter" (SuperSavvyMe Project Handbook, 2012)   *Against Limescale, use Fairy dishwasher cleaner.
 How could anyone refuse to treat their dishwasher to these beauties.  We really do take things for granted and I guess our dishwasher may well be one of them.  I have learned from this project that I do need to take better care of my machine if I want it to perform better.  It's just a thought, but maybe it's also changed my mind on the products I do buy from now on.  What's that old saying, you only get what you pay for, in this instance it is totally true.  Fairy Platinum has given results that my previous dishwashing tablets couldn't even give after being used several times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment