Translate

Thursday 5 July 2012

Yorkshire Tea - Yorkshire Gold Review

Today I collected my mail as usual and on the door mat was my sample of Yorkshire Gold Tea to sample.  As I've said before when I get something to try that's it i'm hot footing it to do just that.  Into the kitchen kettle on and waited the recommended 4-5 minutes or according to your personal taste.  

Yorkshire Gold is a combination of malty flavours from the Aassam teas with season teas from Rwanda and the highlands of East Africa.   Yorkshire Tea proudly acknowledge that they use only teas of high quality, and of course those that make one of the best cuppas you've tasted. 

My sample was 2 foil wrapped teabags - woohoo I can have 2 brews instead of 1 :D - and came in a sweet little card giving all the information needed about the tea and some of their other selections.  It also included a 30p off any Yorkshire Tea tea products, which in all honesty I will be using.  Tea is something that I go through a heck of a lot of, even more than coffee, and I like to expand my taste, and heighten my tastebuds with all different tea experiences.  I love how tea can tantalize your senses and makke you feel appreciated... if you get the right brew, you can feel like you have a hug in a mug. 

So after the brewing I poured some into my favourite china cup and proceeded to the tasting test. 
First off I notice the smell, it's strong but not as in an overbrewed sort of strong, it's just distinctive, and fresh. The colour was pure liquid gold, and the first sip most definately proved that fact. I could feel the smoothness of the liquid running down my throat.  The taste was refreshing, and quenched my thirst.  I needed something soothing, but fresh and Yorkshire Gold definately hit the spot.  For me personally doing this little taste test I found that there was no horrible aftertaste that other brands can leave in your mouth, and I certainly did not fee thirsty after I had my tea.  I felt even better knowing that the makers of Yorkshire Tea, Taylors of Harrogate, are certified by the Rainforest Alliance with 30% of their blend coming from Rainforest Alliance Certified Farms. I could enjoy my tea with the knowledge that those that grow the tea are being treater fairly, and so they should, especially if tea like this is being produced.

Next time you are in the tea aisle pick up a box of Yorkshire Tea, try it for yourself, you will be astounded at what this simple drink does to your senses.  If you want to try before you buy then head on over to their website and request a wee sample from them. You could also check out their Facebook page where you will find a lot of information, request your tea sample, connect with other tea lovers, and find competitions galore. You can also follow Yorkshire Tea on Twitter.

Want to get the right price.. check out mysupermarket to get the best deal.  At the moment they are selling for around £2.98 for 80 teabags, and £5.29 for 160 teabags. Of course as you know there are always offers in store so you never know you may pick up a bargain, but in all honesty one teabag can happily make 2 beautiful cups of tea, therefore being a bit more economical.

Sit back relax and enjoy the liquid gold :D

No comments:

Post a Comment